The North Dakota Township Officers Association (NDTOA) serves 6000
locally elected township officers from 1534 townships from across
NDTOA usually hosts a series of
spring township officer workshops in February of non-legislative
session years. These are the even numbered years.
These mid winter educational and informative meetings will also
feature updates to the green township handbook.
2016 Workshop Schedule:
North Dakota Township Officers 2016 Workshop Tours
NDTOA is again holding educational workshops for all North Dakota
The new 2016 Edition of the Township Officers Handbook (the Green
Book) will be distributed at these workshops; this new edition
includes the law changes that came out of the 2015 Legislative
Session. So please bring your handbook along to get the update and
if your handbook has an official green NDTOA imprinted cover it will
entitle the barer to a $5 discount on the registration fee.
These workshops bring the NDTOA to association members at locations
and times which should allow the members to drive to a session and
return home within a day. Each workshop lasts about two hours and
they are scheduled during the second and forth weeks of February.
The itinerary is listed below.
The agenda will include a report from President Roger Olafson on
Larry Syverson, Executive Secretary and Lobbyist for the NDTOA, will
introduce the new handbook and review the law changes that relate to
Mark Verke, Risk Management Specialist of the North Dakota Insurance
Reserve Fund will speak on risk reduction for townships.
Tom Moe, our Country Lawyer, will hold an open forum on the legal
responsibilities of township Officers.
LTAP will do a presentation on road topics such as: What is Good
Gravel/Roadway Basics/Signing/Truck Weights. This will be mainly in
the non-oil area workshops; note the [LTAP] on the itinerary below.
At the workshops in the oil producing area, Brent Bogar, with the
Association of Oil and Gas Producing Counties, will hold a
discussion on the Uniform Load Permitting System, which that
The registration fee is $15 per person, however each person that
brings in his green handbook with NDTOA Handbook imprinted on the
cover will get a $5 reduction off that registration fee; one
discount per attendee.
This educational workshop is for all township officers and the
meeting expenses, including travel, per diem and the $15
registration fee is a legally acceptable expense for reimbursement
from your township general fund.
2016 WORKSHOP ITINERARY:
- February 9 Newburg - Senior Citizens Hall: 1-3 PM
- February 9 Minot - Grand Hotel - Norse Room: 7-9 PM
- February 10 Stanley - Fairgrounds - Community Hall: 1-3 PM
- February 10 Williston - Grand Williston Hotel: 6-8 PM
- February 11 Bowman - City Hall: 1-3 PM (MST)
- February 11 Regent - The Enchanted Castle: 7-9 PM (MST)
- February 12 Steele - Vets Club: 1-3 PM [LTAP]
- February 22 Larimore - American Legion Club: 1-3 PM [LTAP]
- February 23 Park River - City Hall: 1-3 PM [LTAP]
- February 23 Langdon - Courthouse - meeting room: 7-9PM [LTAP]
- February 24 Devils Lake - Courthouse - basement meeting room:
1-3 PM [LTAP]
- February 24 Jamestown - Gladstone Inn: 7-9 PM [LTAP]
- February 25 Lisbon - Eagles Club: 1-3 PM [LTAP]
- February 25 Casselton - City Hall: 7:30 - 9:30 PM [LTAP]
- February 26 Fessenden - Fairgrounds - Festival Hall: 9:30 -
11:30 AM [LTAP]